Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A New Messy Joy Filled World

1 comments
 
Today I was excited to call my friend and tell her I had found shampoo that repels lice. It is a preventative to lice. I also found a spray as well that you can spray in your hair as an added precaution. These are the things that make me excited these days. These are the things I knew nothing about a couple of months ago.

When you enter into ministry reaching out to the oppressed, it is not easy. In fact when you enter situations where lice and bed bugs are common place it makes you rethink, is this even real? Do people really live like this? The answer is yes. This is a new world to us. One I wish I could keep my eyes closed to but one I cannot afford too.

My baby boy is in contact with this world often enough to have to enter the realm of precautionary measures. One that can affect our entire family if we don't live in the precautionary. Yet God is in control. I do not live in fear only rejoice in things like preventative shampoos and sprays! Especially the kind made from essential oils and not pesticides. Also thankful for the fact that we can afford to buy them.

Whatever ministry God calls you to, it is never usually easy. And I am thankful it is not easy though because if it was easy I would probably try to take credit for it. Yet in this I know it is all God, His strength and sustaining power in us that makes it possible to love one little boy. So even in the hard and messy new world we were so quickly thrown into I find it a place of great and immense, deep-rooted joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, we are living in a messy world so that we will learn that we can't do it on our own. We need God. Praying for you and your family.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff